ARRL Alabama Section
Outstanding Youth Ham Award
The 2018 Alabama Section Outstanding Youth Ham Award is intended to recognize a youth ham, under the age of 18, who has demonstrated his or her dedication to Amateur Radio through his or her activities. Although there are several national awards of similar merit, we recognized the need for an award that honors outstanding young hams on a local level. Thus, the ARRL Alabama Section Outstanding Youth Ham Award was born. This award is not a contest for a prize. Any prizes given are secondary in nature. A person selected “ARRL Alabama Outstanding Youth Ham” is judged on his or her contributions to society through Amateur Radio.
Nominees for the Alabama Section Outstanding Youth Ham Award must meet the following requirements to be considered for this award:
- A current Alabama resident
- A licensed Amateur Radio operator
- 18 years of age or younger
- Nominations, which include the nomination form and any supporting documentation for the Alabama Section Outstanding Youth Ham Award must be submitted on, or before July 21, 2018.
- The award winner will be notified by July 31, 2018.
- The official presentation and announcement of the award will be on Saturday, August 18, 2018 at the Huntsville Hamfest, in Huntsville, Alabama.
- Documentation of the nominee’s activities should be as thorough as possible.
- Although all accomplishments and activities will be considered, the concentration should be on those
activities that took place within the past calendar year, and it should be clear when each activity occurred.
- The judges will select an award recipient based on their involvement in ham radio, especially community
service, promotion of Amateur Radio, operating, technical knowledge, and enthusiasm.
- All decisions of the judges are final.
- Nominations and all accompanying material must be mailed to Alabama Section Outstanding Youth Ham Committee c/o Kaitlyn Cole KS3P, 117 Willow Valley Drive , Harvest, AL 35749 or e-mailed to email@example.com on or before July 21, 2018.
- Any questions about the award or nomination process should be directed to Kaitlyn Cole, KS3P at firstname.lastname@example.org or Stan Cole, NX3P at email@example.com .
Kaitlyn Cole KS3P
ARRL Alabama Section Youth Coordinator
To instantly submit your nominee, please fill out the form below. If you would not like to submit it online, you may download the PDF at the link below and mail it in, or scan it and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail this form, questions, and associated documentation to:
Alabama Section Outstanding Youth Ham of the Year Committee
c/o Kaitlyn Cole KS3P
117 Willow Valley Drive
Harvest, AL 35749
All forms must be in by July 21, 2018.
(If the form is mailed, it must be postmarked by July 18, 2018)