Outstanding Youth Ham Award
Nominees for the Alabama Section Outstanding Youth Ham Award must meet the following requirements to be considered for this award:
- A current Alabama resident
- A licensed Amateur Radio operator
- 18 years of age or younger
- Nominations, which include the nomination form and any supporting documentation for the Alabama Section Outstanding Youth Ham Award must be submitted on, or before July 21, 2018.
- The award winner will be notified by July 31, 2018.
- The official presentation and announcement of the award will be on Saturday, August 18, 2018 at the Huntsville Hamfest, in Huntsville, Alabama.
- Documentation of the nominee’s activities should be as thorough as possible.
- Although all accomplishments and activities will be considered, the concentration should be on those
activities that took place within the past calendar year, and it should be clear when each activity occurred.
- The judges will select an award recipient based on their involvement in ham radio, especially community
service, promotion of Amateur Radio, operating, technical knowledge, and enthusiasm.
- All decisions of the judges are final.
- Nominations and all accompanying material must be mailed to Alabama Section Outstanding Youth Ham Committee c/o Kaitlyn Cole KS3P, 117 Willow Valley Drive , Harvest, AL 35749 or e-mailed to email@example.com on or before July 21, 2018.
- Any questions about the award or nomination process should be directed to Kaitlyn Cole, KS3P at firstname.lastname@example.org or Stan Cole, NX3P at email@example.com .
Kaitlyn Cole KS3P
ARRL Alabama Section Youth Coordinator
Mail this form, questions, and associated documentation to:
Alabama Section Outstanding Youth Ham of the Year Committee
c/o Kaitlyn Cole KS3P
117 Willow Valley Drive
Harvest, AL 35749
All forms must be in by July 21, 2018.
(If the form is mailed, it must be postmarked by July 18, 2018)